Everything is possible during a time of war. People are forced to battle on behalf of their countries, whether they agree with it, or not. Millions of our ancestors have fought and died during war, which at the end of the day, proves to have no reason at all. Despite the unbearable situations people were in during those times of conflict, here are iconic photos that will remind us, despite going through the most difficult of time, love is the best thing to have on our side.
Let these pictures be a reminder as to how lucky we are to experience a peaceful life with our loved ones by our side. After all, these people still knew what love meant in times of despair.
1. Leaning in for a farewell kiss, 1940-1945
2. American soldiers giving their partners a last goodbye kiss before deploying to Egypt, 1963
3. Sailor kisses a nurse in New York Time Sqaure at the end of World War II
4. A woman leaning over to kiss a british soldier, London, 1940’s
5. Couple’s embrace as the soldier returns home from war, 1940’s
6. Goodbye’s at the train station before departing off to war
7. At a party for cadets in Mississippi, U.S.A. 1943
8. Kiss over a picket fence, 1945
9. US soldier giving a local Japanese lady a ride in Japan, 1946
10. British soldier kissing his wife upon his return serving with the armed forces, 1945.
11. Couple drawing hearts on a tree on Valentine’s day, 1944
12. Soldier giving his wife a goodbye kiss in Seattle before deploying for WW1, 1917.